Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
Would you like to help one of Boston’s cherished music organizations? Emmanuel Music is looking for people to help with the work outlined below. You can help on an ongoing or an occasional basis -- whatever works best for you.
Most work is done at the office at Emmanuel Church, 15 Newbury Street, Boston.
- Twice a month: office help, stuff and mail envelopes, filing etc. 4 hours each month.
- Research grant-making institutions
- Assemble and mail materials for grant applications
- Write yearly press releases (summer project)
- Call to confirm and update press list contact info
- Compile list of friendly locations and contact persons for publicity distribution
- Distribute major event publicity (flyers, posters)
- Once or twice a month, burn CDs for musicians
- Set up chairs and stands for concerts, Sunday cantatas, and open rehearsals
- Assist at concerts (ushers, box office, concessions)
- Assist at special events
Part-time (8-15 hours per week) unpaid internship positions are available during the summer months and during academic seasons. Internships can be coordinated with colleges/universities for academic credit. Depending on qualifications and interest, interns can work in the following areas:
- Development including fundraising, special events, prospect research, foundation and donor reporting, donor cultivation, Annual Fund
- Marketing including updating/expanding mailing lists, marketing to students, tourists, and international audiences; audience development
- PR including updating press lists, developing press releases and program ads
- Archives including cataloging the Emmanuel recording archives
- Operations, including concert set-up, music library cataloguing, etc.
Interns can attend Emmanuel Music concerts free (assisting with ticket sales and ushering). An interest in classical music is helpful but not required.
Contact: Pat Krol, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter indicating areas of interest and current resume.